Statutory Rights FOR EU Customers
Consumers in the European Union (“EU”) have certain statutory rights when purchasing goods online. Below is a general description of these statutory rights.
RIGHT OF CANCELLATION AND RETURN
In the EU, you are generally entitled to cancel your order to the seller within 14 days from the day on which you (or a third party indicated by you, other than the carrier) received the goods purchased, or from the day of the conclusion of the contract, in the case of services or digital content not supplied in a tangible medium (e.g. CD or DVD).
You are entitled to receive from the seller a refund for the price paid for the products, including the costs of shipping the products to you.
However, if when placing the order you chose a method of shipping more expensive than the cheapest offered by the seller, the seller is not required to reimburse any relevant supplementary costs.
You must bear the cost of returning the purchased products to the seller, unless this cost was not raised before you placed the order or if the seller has offered to bear such cost.
This right of cancellation does not apply to:
- the supply of goods or services for which the price is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market, which cannot be controlled by the seller and which may occur within the withdrawal period;
- the supply of goods made to the buyer’s specifications or otherwise clearly personalized;
- the supply of goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly;
- the supply of sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons and were unsealed after delivery;
- the supply of goods which are, after delivery, according to their nature, inseparably mixed with other items;
- the supply of alcoholic beverages, the price of which has been agreed upon at the time of the conclusion of the sales contract, the delivery of which can only take place after 30 days and the actual value of which is dependent on fluctuations in the market, which cannot be controlled by the seller;
- the supply of sealed audio or sealed video recordings or sealed computer software which were unsealed after delivery;
- the supply of a newspapers, periodicals or magazines, with the exception of subscription contracts for the supply of such publications;
- the provision of accommodation other than for residential purpose, the transport of goods, car rental services, catering or other services related to leisure activities if the contract provides for a specific date or period of performance;
- the supply of digital content which is not supplied on a tangible medium if the performance has begun with the buyer’s prior express consent and his acknowledgment that he thereby loses his right of withdrawal.
Please note that you must return to the seller each item without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your decision to cancel the order. You will be liable, and not entitled to refund from the seller, for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling of the goods other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods, unless you were not informed of your right to cancel the order before placing it.
CONFORMITY GUARANTEE RIGHT
In the EU, you have the right to a minimum 2-year legal conformity guarantee from the seller as from the delivery of new goods. In the case of second-hand goods, the guarantee period may not be less than 1 year.
However, if you were informed that the product you purchased had quality problems, you cannot then claim redress from the seller about those particular defects.
You will have the right to claim redress from the seller to repair the product, or replace it if repair is not a viable option. When repair and replacement are not possible, you may claim a price reduction or a refund from the seller (please note that in some countries, the sales contract cannot be cancelled if the fault is minor, e.g. a scratch on a CD case).
For any kind of dispute resolution, we will recommend you to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org